Monday, November 5, 2012

Under the Boardwalk

This was the last day of our holiday in California. We spent the day on the beach, playing in the sand, running in and out of the waves. I was sweaty, sandy and without a stitch of makeup. I had even cried earlier because Cove had caught his finger in the metal joint of my beach chair and ripped off his tiny nail. I felt awful for him, but he trooped through it, even continued to play in the sand and water with his open wound. It had started out a wonderful last day, then turned into a nightmare. But this was our happy ending. I'm so in love with these family pictures. Oceanside has this amazing pier, so when the sun was about to set, we slipped under it like beach nomads, so tiny and almost invisible under its massiveness. Barefoot, happy souls.  






























No comments:

Post a Comment