Monday, August 16, 2010

Candy in the Sky

If all goes as planned (ha) we'll be moving into our new home mid Sept. We are waist deep in renos (literally), and we've only just begun. If I could describe my style, it would be...relaxed elegance. I never want the rooms in my home to feel contrived. Too much on one style feels dated and inauthentic. A good eclectic mix of time and style is just what the room doctor ordered.

I want the rooms in my home to come together with a clean organic warmth that feels more like a sanction to rescue us at the end of the day. What I've learned is to trust what I really love, what the hearth of soul cannot do without. Here are a few pics of my inspiration.


When I was a little girl, I would have LOVED something like this whimsical chandelier. I've seen them at a few children's boutiques in Edmonton, but they come with a ouchy price tag. I wonder if I could embark on making one...they're like candy in the sky.

This outdoor haven is rustic but pretty, something you'd enjoy in Tuscany, but could create here. I could definitely enjoy the company of my family and friends with an outdoor space like this. Who wants to laze around on a tepid fall day with steamy tea and homemade scones with me? Good conversation is a must. Comes naturally with the fresh air, doesn't it.

Ok, now this swing looks like something from The Secret Garden, and thats exactly why it speaks to me. It would be so easy to make. We have a huge crab apple tree in the new backyard. I wonder if it could support this? This is one of those things my soul just can't do without.

Dreamy. Every girl needs a beauty space like this, right.


Ok, I'm drooling over these gorgeous beat up floor boards and soft cotton curtains that pool to the ground. The beams and skylights are yummy too. I am such a sucker for the serenity of white, especially when its having a rendezvous with natural materials to give it a more organic feel. I can just imagine myself sleepily walking down this hallway, inhaling the abundance of natural light, my bare feet soaking in the creeks of the floor, on my way back to bed for a morning snuggle. Ahhhh, I'm manifesting it. Oh, yes.

I love oversized, well-made furniture (although I can't always afford it, especially at this point in my life, but I can dream). Its so comfortable and makes a small space look grande. I'm totally into slipcovers that are washable, AKA- Morgan friendly. My affair with light colours needs to work for my lifestyle too.


"Hello, ladies."

Sweet dreams.

1 comment: