Saturday, August 25, 2012

in photos- Fort Edmonton Park

I have fond memories visiting Fort Edmonton Park as a child. We'd venture there on school field trips, and tour each building, being imported into the past. I remember feeling a sense wonder, as each employee was dressed in authentic period wear, immersed in their role. My favorite memories are learning how to make candles and being chosen by the blacksmith to make a tiny horseshoe. 

I've always been fascinated by our history. There is something about the past that deeply moves me and haunts me. I can't wait to go back to Fort Edmonton with just Brydon, and spend the day exploring each building again, as an adult with a deeper understanding and appreciation. 

Fort Edmonton Park is a real gem. A great place for families, or anyone really to spend the day. The vintage midway is fabulous, and if I could do it over again, this would have been an amazing backdrop for some of our wedding photos. The la babes loved every second, and we loved being in such a quiet, quaint environment, rich with stories and beautiful buildings and antiques to drool over. May just have to get a yearly pass, don't you think?






















































1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all went back in time for a day! Where is this place? Looks like the kiddos had an absolutely wonderful time and I'm sure the adults enjoyed the serenity. I get your new posts to my inbox but often forget to pop over here and comment but I always love your pictures and little updates. I'd love to see your pictures a little bigger on here if possible, they are bigger in my inbox and I really like it. Enjoy the end of summer : )
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete