Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me

I'll be 31. 31-years old, on the 1st of July...31 is so much better than 21, I think. Instead of getting hussied up for a night at the bar with my girlfriends, I'm hosting a vintage tea party at the lake. That's what I love about your thirties. Your appreciation for life and your loved ones is on the forefront, and you actually have the taste and desire to plan some pretty special parties. 

When I reflect back at 30, its been an incredible year. I had the honour of meeting my son, Cove. We spent our first year together, getting to know one another, cuddling, nursing, sleeping (not sleeping), watching him grow and reach new milestones every month. What a gift to have him in my life now. His face, I could kiss a trillion times, never mind those toes, knees and tummy. Morgan had a big year too, going through emotional, stubborn two's and adjusting to her new brother in the house, sharing mommy and daddy, especially mommy. But we made it, and it gets easier every day, thank God. 

I gave birth to Cove here in our home 2-days before my 30th birthday. I spent my birthday in my housecoat, still sore, and recovering from pushing his 9-pound sweetness out of me. Together we celebrated, just my husband, brother in law and one of my best girlfriends, who brought a scrumptious tiramisu cake from the Italian Centre. Four friends, four forks, on the floor and darling chubby Cove. They toasted the new year in with me, with a farewell salute to my twenties. It rained, it poured, and then it rained some more, which never happens on July 1st, and always signifies change to me. It was a special birthday having my sweet boy sleeping next to me. Safe, healthy, such a blessing. But this year...a vintage tea party seemed very appropriate. This girl needs a party, quaint, but still a fabulous celebration. I've earned 31! 

Below are a few images of my inspiration, but I will definitely post the actual pictures next week, very excited! I have a pretty little dress from Anthro I'm going to slip on with some vintage jewelry. I've requested that everyone come prepared with 'something from your past that know one knows about you'. Should be very interesting. Especially because all of my husband's aunts and grandma will be in attendance...:)

Photo credit: Erich McVey, Styling- A & B Creative



Photo Credit: Jordan Ferney






I kind of feel like a superhero all the time! Lately I've been running on my reserve tank...like everyday. Brydon has been working steady, so the kids and I have been lone ranging it a lot. I am still nursing Cove at least 3 times through the night. I know, I'm nuts. So I haven't had a full nights rest for 11-months! Lol, its so crazy, its kind of giddy funny. Must be the OVER tiredness. 


I'm looking forward to a great party, with plenty of laughter and delicious eats. I wish all the important woman in my life could be there to join me in celebration, but many are living their dreams around the globe, so geography just isn't in our favour. Another reason I have created this space here. To stay connected, for an intimate glimpse into my life, the littles and our everyday shenanigans! So the ones that can make it are going to get spoiled! They deserve it. Everyone woman and good friend does, right! xo 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lane! I hope that its everything you wish for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Margo.:) It was so much fun and everything I dreamed it would be! More pics to come!!! Have a great weekend. SUNSHINE:)

    ReplyDelete