Thursday, June 17, 2010

Snow White

White therapy....

So, I have this love affair with all-white right now. Something about it clears my mind and makes space in my heart. There's nothing more pure, clean or dreamy than heavenly white. Realistic? Of coarse not. Absolutely gorgeous? Oh, yes.

This alpaca could sleep in my bed (no, I don't mean as a throe). I'd name her Penelope. My birthday is coming up....

Click to make this quilt of pics larger and see all of the lovely details. I think we can associate too much white with being a bit sterile. But these pics above show that using a lot of white can be magnificent. First off, there are a billion shades of white. Second, pairing it with mint green, pale pink, yellow or sky blue can add that extra softness that white may need to exude more warmth. Oh, and texture, texture, texture.

These next 4 pics are from July's issue of Style at Home. They inspire a light and airy energy that I could sail away in.


The texture of these lamps- sumptuous.

There is something so peaceful and silent about white.
It actually makes me want to breathe deeper and slower.
This rocking chair is also super cute.

I'm on a hunt for vintage chairs. They're great for photography and statement pieces in your home. The crown is a lovely compliment to this pretty chair too.


Photo Credits: 1,2- Kiss the Groom, 3,4,5,6 Style at Home, 7- Kiss the Groom


And a lovely paradox to all this white...

Not Meant to Share Mouse

YOU WILL NEED:
2 ounces (2 squares) semisweet baking chocolate
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon Kahlua or prepared coffee
1 egg, separated
Pinch of salt

1. In small double boiler over hot but not boiling water, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Whisk in the liqueur or coffee, and the egg yolk. Remove from flame.

2. In small bowl, beat the egg white until soft peaks form, sprinkle in salt, and continue beating until stiff but not dry. Fold, a spoonful at a time, into the chocolate mixture.

3. Evenly distribute the mouse between two vintage teacups or wineglasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Enjoy with your sweet amour.

1 comment:

  1. sounds super yummy! I will have to write down this and give it a try. xo Tara

    ReplyDelete