Monday, June 7, 2010

The Rabbit Hole

I think about the times in my life when I have been most present, and I can truly say they were the happiest times of my life. Since I am such a planner at heart, I tend to fantasize about the future... a lot. I know, I know, 'live in the now'. But I see, smell and feel the future so well. I'm a futuristic gal. There's a fine balance between going with flow and making life happen. Its always a lovely day to shape your dreams.

I'm a nut for visualizing how my life will unfold, which has served me well since much of it has manifested before my eyes, but its not always the ticket for just enjoying the moment. I'm thankful for EVERYTHING, but sometimes my restless heart just can't help but hurl itself down the rabbit hole. Want to come with me for a sec?

This sign is a real beauty. And a great reminder to just stop and enjoy each passing second. The making it beautiful part, I think I've got that part down to a science!

Photo Credit: Ritzy Bee
Speaking of making things beautiful, check out this gorgeous, sentimental table runner. The musicians in the background are a perfect compliment to its feel good chicness. I dig those chocolate plank floor boards too. Ooooh, and the stacked suitcases home to a mini garden. Who thinks of this shit? This world is bursting with heaps creative people. I can't help but find inspiration in every corner.


Can anyone build me this book shelf, please? I love it! Why are the UK peeps so much cooler than we are? Love the subway white brick in the background too. Those damn Brits always got it going on for effortless style.

As much as the present moment is all we really have, I gotta admit, I'm pretty happy dreamin too. I can have my cake and eat it too, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment