Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Tropical Wedding and Sweet Baby Lila


Back in early November, I got together with my long-time girlfriend Corrie-Lyn to take some shots of her 4-month old princess, Lila. Our friendship goes back over 10-years ago when we both lived in Vancouver. We share plenty of wild memories and good times. How our lives have both changed so much since then.

In 2007, Corrie got married to her sweetheart Brad in the always paradise Playa Del Carmen. Lindsay and I were bridesmaids in the wedding party- and a party it was. Lindsay and I even sang at the reception- oh geeesh. Here are some fun pics to honor her fabulous day.


Us bridesmaids and maid of honor
in our pretty blue dresses.
As Lindsay put it, "It's a good thing we wore our panties that day."

Corrie looked like she has stepped out of a magazine.
Her dress and flowers were gorgeous,
and I was thrilled to design all of her jewelry.

My beautiful and dear, dear friend Lindsay.
I love you.


This wedding was anything but stuffy.

'Weeee.' The pictures just get funnier from here on in,
but not really appropriate for
Little Miss Cupcake Sugarpants...

Three years later, she has two gorgeous little girls, January and Lila. January is the oldest. She is a spirited little sprite with heaps of energy and spunk. Lila is laid-back and as cute as a button. Here are some of my favourite pics from the shoot.



The perfect Christmas card.

Man, what a cute bum.



I love taking pictures of babies. Capturing their heavenliness is what its all about. Their endless rolls, satiny skin, and unpredictable intervals of nursing, sleeping and wakefulness. You just gotta go with the flow.

Thanks for the great afternoon Corrie. January was a riot, and Morgan kept up pretty good. I am so happy you have been blessed with these two precious girls and a happy marriage. I hope our girls don't get into nearly as much trouble together as we did! Yikes.

If anyone is interested in having a newborn, baby or toddler shoot done, I'd be happy to be your photographer. Just send me a message via Facebook and we'll organize a really fun and relaxing day of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment